ECO-STAR vs. Other Helicopters
The ECO-Star (EC-130), made by Airbus Helicopters, is the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopter in the world. Maverick Aviation Group
has the largest and most modern, state-of-the-art fleet of ECO-Star helicopters in the world.
While greatly reducing flight noise over the Grand Canyon, the ECO-Star also lavishes you in luxurious comfort and offers breathtaking wraparound
views like no other helicopter.
State-of-the-art equipment, first-class tours, experienced pilots, and top-notch customer service are all available with Maverick.
Seating and Windows
The ECO-Star features a 23% larger cabin than the common A-Star model and seats 7 passengers. The wraparound windows provide superior
ECO-Star Helicopter Seating & Windows
- Wraparound windows for superior visibility
- 7 individual front-facing seats with raised “theater-style” seating for back row passengers
- Surround sound
- Powerful fuel-efficient engine for a fast flight, enabling you to spend more time at your tour destination
The low noise Fenestron Tail Rotor reduces outside noise by 50%; enhancing our guests' experience and limiting noise pollution. This unique styling of the tail
rotor is available only on the ECO-Star.
ECO-Star Helicopter Tail Section
- Enclosed Fenestron “fan-in-fin” - safer, quieter and more efficient
- Uses 25% less fuel
- Fuel control optimizes speed for quietest operation
- Dual hydraulic system
A-Star Helicopter Seating & Window
- Flown by most U.S. helicopter tour operators
- Standard cabin space
- 6-passenger bench-style seating
- Less visibility
A-Star Helicopter Tail Section
Bell Ranger Helicopter Seating & Window
- Flown by some U.S. helicopter tour operators
- Standard cabin space
- Seats 5 to 6 passengers based on weight
- Bench seating
- 2 seats that face towards the back of the helicopter
Bell Ranger Helicopter Tail Section
Beechcraft 1900D and Cessna Grand Caravan 208
Maverick Aviation Group operates 3 Beechcraft 1900Ds and 3 Cessna Grand Caravan 208s aircraft through their airline division that departs from
the Henderson Executive Airport.
- Beechcraft 1900D is a 19-passenger, pressurized, twin-engine turboprop aircraft.
- The 1900D cruises at 285 knots (328 mph or 528 km/h).
- Ordinary flights range from 100 to 600 miles (20 minutes to two hours). With full fuel tanks, the aircraft is capable of flying more than 1,000 nautical miles (1,900 km).
- Due to its fuel efficiency and speed, the 1900D is often preferred over jet aircraft for shorter routes.
- The Beechcraft 1900D can operate safely on short airstrips, and take off/land on grass and rough runways.
- The 1900D was designed to provide a "stand-up cabin," which allows passengers to walk upright. It is one of only two 19-seat aircraft with this feature.
Cessna Grand Caravan 208
- The Cessna Grand Caravan is a brand new aircraft that was added to the Maverick Airlines fleet in 2012.
- The Grand Caravan has a 9-passenger seating configuration with up to 340 cubic feet of cabin space.
- Provides leather bucket seats with extra legroom.
- All windows provide excellent photo opportunities.
- The Grand Caravan is a short-haul, fixed-gear, single turboprop engine aircraft built in the United States by Cessna.
- The Cessna Grand Caravan is a high-winged aircraft that flies at a lower altitude for superior visibility and exceptional performance.
- In ISA conditions at sea level, the Grand Caravan 208 climbs at 975 fpm (297 mpm) and cruises at speeds of up to 184 knots (341 km/h).
- The aircraft has an air-conditioned cabin.